Tuesday, August 5, 2008

technology

This week in preparing for the resource assignment, I fully realized how great a resource the internet will be in finding sources and researching topics for classroom lessons. There are tons and tons of sites out there that are teacher friendly, and provide great resources for social studies material. I could probably spend an entire summer scouring the internet for curriculum ideas (there are even a multitude of lesson plans out there too, which may also come in handy!)
Even though technology is already an omnipresent part of our society, I am interested to see in ten years if these current trends have continued and expanded (or exploded!) or perhaps schools have gone back to more traditional methods, if that is even possible! There are plenty of skills (ie. library skills, map reading skills) that are potentially being overlooked in schools, because the internet has made these methods practically obsolete. Is this a good thing or a bad thing? I'm not quite sure...

No comments: